Have you ever wanted to create a full-fledged web application, beyond just a simple HTML page? Then the Introduction to Node.js class from edX is right for you.
In this course, you will learn how to set up a web server, interact with a database and much more! Introduction to Node.js will start off by teaching you the basics of Node.js and its core modules. You will then learn how to import additional modules and configure your project using npm. From there, you will learn how to use Express to set up a web server and how to interact with a MongoDB database using Mongoose. By the end of the course, you will have created several real-world projects such as a web scraper, a blogging API, and a database migration script.
What you’ll learn:
- How to set up a Node.js project using npm
- How to use the Node.js core modules
- How to use Express to set up a web server
- How to use MongoDB to store data in a database
- How to use Mongoose to model database schemas
- Programming basics Web development basics
Introduction to Node.js is good for the following jobs:
- Web application developer
- Software developer
Add a Verified Certificate for $99 USD