Interview: Laura Elgueta-Sanchez, Latiniza Digital
A common problem that any entrepreneur, startup or content creator faces if they target Latinos, is whether they should cater to the Spanish speaking audience. For many non-Hispanics, they may see Hispanic and Spanish as being synonymous, and will think that it is an obvious direction to go to create content in both languages, and once they go down that road, they may find that they are spending too much money in trying to create content in Spanish, or their simple translation strategy ends up alienating the very consumers they are looking to attract.
This interview is with Laura Elgueta-Sanchez, founder, and host of the Latiniza Digital podcast, a Spanish-language podcast that was recently featured in Entrepreneur Magazine as an Emerging Entrepreneurial Podcast. Laura shares her journey on why she created a Spanish language business podcast and shares some tips on Spanish language marketing.
Questions discussed in the Interview:
- What inspired the creation of the Latiniza Digital podcast?
- What are some popular Spanish-language content providers online?
- Should my business have a Spanish specific website if I am looking to target Spanish speakers?
- Should I translate my website?
- Should my business have Spanish social media accounts?
Mentioned in the Interview:
- Starve The Doubts, with Jared Easley
- Smart Passive Income, with Pat Flynn
- Social Media Examiner, with Michael Stelzner
- The Marketing Agents, with Rich Brooks
- devLatino – Ray Ortega Interview on Podcasting
- Internet Business Mastery
- Ahorros Para Mamá, with Denisse Icaza
- Laura asks Pat Flynn (on Ask Pat) regarding a multilingual site – Soundcloud
- Stephanie Booth Video – Blogging in an Imperfect World
- Podcast Movement
Must-Follow on Twitter:
Must Read Book Recommendation:
Check out Latiniza Digital for great business content in Spanish!
You can follow Laura on Twitter @elguetalaura!